Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
We are closely monitoring the state and federal guidelines and recommendations from the Minnesota Board of Dentistry, Minnesota Department of Health, American Dental Association, Minnesota dental Association, Centers for Disease Control and the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointmnet. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team members. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- You will be asked to stay in your car instead of the waiting room until we are ready to seat you in an operatory. Simply call us when you arrive, and we will let you know when we are ready for you. Duluth 218-722-8377, Hibbing 218-362-6222 Ashland 715-682-2660.
- Patients are asked to wear a mask if they have one.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Upon entering our office, a team memeber will take your temperature and will help you complete a COVID-19 screening.
- Prior to any surgical procedure you will be asked to swish with a 1.5% solution of hydrogen peroxide for one minute.
- Appointmnets will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- If you are scheduled for a consultation, we will discuss the option of a phone consult where appropriate.
Our doctors continue to be available for emergency appointments (Patients with acute dental or oral needs, including treatment for pain, swelling, trauma, or an abscess.)
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For more information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: