Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Please prepare yourself by following these instructions on the day of your surgery.
Failure to do so will not allow for the option of a general anesthetic .
- Do not eat or drink (even water) for six (6) hours prior to your appointment time.
- Bring someone to drive you home and stay with you FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE DAY. Drivers must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver’s license.
- A PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST ACCOMPANY PATIENTS UNDER 18
- Do not wear contact lenses-wear your glasses if needed for reading
- No fingernail polish or jewelry, including earrings
- Wear short sleeves- comfortable clothes
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- Children and diabetics should have a morning (am) appointment
- Take your blood pressure medications and heart medications at your usual time with a small sip of water
- If you have any questions or concerns – Please give us a call. We are here for YOU and We can’t do our job without YOU.